Backups and Beyond Presentation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sarah

204 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2006 :  19:01:32  Show Profile
Hi All,

If you attended Saturday's Mini-Seminar, Backups and Beyond, you will remember that I promised to put the presentation online for you. Your seminar and SIG leaders are committed to trying to make more and more of this kind of information available to you, both online and in our ICON library. Nothing beats actually attending these presentations, because you miss the interaction and discussion among those in attendance. Additionally, there's no way to encapsulate everything that is said in the form of notes.

I did add notes and links to the presentation to make it more valuable to you. In another thread, I'll detail some of what I learned about preparing these files, but for this thread, here are the links to the files:

Backups and Beyond (pdf)71kb
Backups and Beyond (ppt) 117kb

In both cases, I would recommend right-clicking and saving the files to your local computer. The pdf file requires Adobe Reader to view it; the ppt file requires either Microsoft PowerPoint or OpenOffice Impress. If you want clickable links, use the ppt format. If you don't mind copying/pasting links, I tried to provide all of them in the notes, and the pdf format will work for you.

If you choose to left-click the ppt file, and you're using Firefox, you will be asked to choose the program you wish to use to open it (either PowerPoint or Impress). If you left-click the ppt file, and you're using Internet Explorer, the file will likely open in Slide Show View in IE. To view the notes, click Edit > Edit Slides on the top menu.

Sarah

Edited by - Sarah on 05/14/2006 19:30:24
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
ICON Computer Users Group © Interactive Computer Owners' Network Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000